Family Support Worker
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Family Support Worker shall be responsible for delivering culturally appropriate counselling services to adequately fulfill the needs of the families serviced through Moose Cree First Nation and various Children’s Aid Societies. The incumbent shall provide services to families that have been identified through the intake assessment as families having risk of becoming involved or already involved in the child welfare system. He/she shall work in conjunction with other health and mental health professionals and organizations to create better linkages of support for their clients. The Family Support Workers shall also develop and provide prevention and intervention services to families and children who are experiencing family difficulties.
- University Degree or college diploma in social required
- In good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers required
- 2+ years of experience working in the child welfare field
- Experience in front-line service delivery with First Nations
- Experience in one-on-one and group counselling
- Experience working within a First Nation is an asset, Moose Cree preferred
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Considerable knowledge of family dynamics
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of the family court process
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Mental Health Act
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must have a thorough understanding of the culture in which they serve
- Fluency in the Moose Cree Language is an asset
- “G” Driver’s license required
- Must provide copy of degrees/diplomas/certificates with resume and cover letter
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: Permanent with three (3) months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-59.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit proof (photocopies) of their educational qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.