Family Support Worker (2 positions)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Family Support Worker shall be responsible for delivering culturally appropriate counselling services to adequately fulfil the needs of the families serviced through Moose Cree First Nation and various Children’s Aid Societies. The incumbent shall provide services to families that have been identified through the intake assessments as families having risks of becoming involved or already involved in the child welfare system. He/she shall work in conjunction with other health and mental health professionals and organizations to create better linkages of support for their clients. The Family Support Worker shall also develop and provide prevention and intervention services to families and children who are experiencing family difficulties.
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Considerable knowledge of family dynamics.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the family law court progress.
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Mental Health Act.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the culture in which they serve.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree Language is an asset.
- Valid “G” Drivers’ License.
- In good standing with the Ontario College in Social Workers and Social Services Workers.
- Credentials required: Bachelors/Diploma in Social Work (Please attach proof of the same)
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probationary period
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, May 28th, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or handing in at main reception.