Executive Receptionist / Office Assistant
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Executive Services Coordinator and functional direction of the Executive Services Staff, the Executive Receptionist/Office Assistant shall perform general office assistance and receptionist duties for the Executive Staff. He/she shall be responsible for answering the telephone inquiries. Assist in typing correspondences, memos, assist in the preparation of council and membership meetings. He/she will log in incoming and outgoing mail to the Executive Services office, and maintain an electronic filing system. He/she will assist with making accommodation and travel arrangements and prepare purchase order requisitions for travel and office supplies as directed by Executive Staff. He/she will perform other administrative duties as required.
- Grade 12 Diploma and/or Office Administration Diploma and/or;
- Minimum 2 years of Work experience in office administration duties
- Good written and verbal communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Communicates effectively, tactfully, and courteously with staff and the general public
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Good knowledge of computer programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset
- Willingness to work overtime hours
- Class “G” driver’s license is mandatory
- Must provide a current satisfactory C.P.I.C. or proof of application
- Must provide copy of certificates/diplomas to resume
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with three-months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-41.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, August 12th, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit copies of their educational qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.