Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Moose Cree First Nation is a dynamic and quickly evolving community undergoing transformation consistent with asserting our Treaty and Inherent rights.
The Executive Director shall be responsible and accountable for the management of the total operation of the organization that includes all administration, financial, physical and human resources of the Moose Cree First Nation. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that efficient services are delivered to the members of the Moose Cree First Nation. The Executive Director is under the immediate supervision of the Chief and functional direction of the Council.
- Masters or undergraduate degree in business or financial management.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a senior management position.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent financial management and negotiation skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Superior diplomacy and high levels of integrity while handling confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to mentor team members, set projects standards and monitor progress.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and research engines and tools.
- Knowledge of the accounting software, Sage Accpac.
- Knowledge and awareness of Moose Cree Culture.
- Ability to speak and understand the Moose Cree Language would be an asset.
- Knowledge of traditional governance systems of Moose Cree and other First Nation models.
- Knowledge of, and work experience with federal, provincial and municipal governments on First Nations issues.
- Knowledge of, and work experience with government funding and other funding agencies, First Nation organizations and associations.
- Being a Moose Cree First Nation member would be an asset for this position.
- P.I.C. or willingness to obtain one within a set period.
- Valid Class G license.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 6 months’ probationary period
References: Three recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, March 27th, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*