Environmental Project Coordinator
Competition #21-45 (2nd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the Project Coordinator will support the Moose Cree First Nation (MCFN) Lands and Resources department in monitoring and managing resource development activities proposed or occurring within the MCFN Homelands. The incumbent will assist in duties of managing various projects and coordinating Government and Industry referrals including participating in review of proposed activities and ensuring that all recommendations are aligned with any current and future MCFN land use interests and community practices, values and priorities. Additionally, the incumbent will contribute to the development of strategies, policies and procedures to support meaningful engagements and consideration of development proposals and activities.
- Post-Secondary education in Environmental Studies, Natural Resource Management, or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in environmental project planning and coordination.
- Familiar with current Ontario environmental legislation, regulations and guidelines related to resource development.
- Knowledge of Ontario and Canadian Environmental Assessment processes would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and succeed in a collaborative team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the local Cree culture and ability to speak Cree would be an asset.
- High level of organization and project management skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime.
- Valid class G driver’s license is required.
- Credentials required: University degree/College diploma (please attach proof of the same)
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: 1 year term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-45.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit proof of their educational (photocopies) qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.