Drug Task-Force Assistant
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
The Drug Task Force Assistant will be responsible for providing a wide range of services to organize, manage, coordinate, and support the Drug Task Force Coordinator to contribute organizational and departmental goals and achievements. The incumbent will play a vital role with supporting the overall objectives of the task force by assisting with administrative tasks, research, and coordination efforts. The selected candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with community organizations, law enforcement agencies, and other stakeholders to be essential to the success of our mission to combat the illegal drug activity in our community. Lastly, the candidate must understand that this is a new department that is being established and that the position is fast paced with quick growth within the department.
- High school diploma, college diploma or equivalent as it relates to criminal justice or social service work.
- Minimum 2 years in an administrative role or related experience.
- Experience as it relates to substance abuse and addictions.
- Experience as it relates to the criminal justice system in particular, Control Drug Substance Act (CDSA) and bylaws including Band Council Resolutions (BCRs).
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computer software and applications, including MS Office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of drug enforcement practices, trends, and related legislation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with various stakeholders.
- Must understand ethical conduct and the principles of law enforcement while maintaining good standing within the community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to speak in the Cree language is an asset.
- Must submit a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C. or proof of application.
- “G” Driver’s License Required.
Salary: $58,500.00 – $74,080.50
Duration: 3-month contract with the possibility of extension
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #23-81.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, December 1st, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.