Director of Housing
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and the functional direction of the Housing Committee on behalf of Council, the Director of Housing shall be responsible to plan, organize, implement, coordinate and administer the Housing Program which includes residential and commercial buildings owned by the Moose Cree First Nation.
Qualifications, Abilities, and Characteristics:
- Post-secondary education in Structured Engineering or Architectural Technology and/or five years related experience in project management.
- Knowledge of effective supervisory and management techniques with a minimum of three years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of customer service and conflict resolution techniques
- Knowledge of building, electrical, plumbing, fire, mechanical and National Building codes.
- Knowledge of tendering and contract administration.
- Knowledge in financial management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use a computer and applicable software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to inspect work and construction areas.
- Knowledge of the Moose Cree language an asset.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probationary period
References: Three recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, February 13, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*