Director of Child and Family Services
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Director of Child and Family Services will oversee the development and implementation of an effective prevention and intervention program based on Moose Cree culture and values designed to bring and keep our children home. This shall include the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards for the department. The Director shall ensure proven case management principles and processes are practiced across the entire department. The Director will be responsible for actively managing the departmental budget and maintaining successful relationships with funding sources. The Director will establish protocols and active working relationships with Children’s Aid Societies, Moose Cree First Nation leadership and other local resources to strengthen linkages and communication as it relates to child welfare, child protection services and the repatriation of clients.
- University degree of college degree in social work or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in the child welfare field
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory position
- Experience in proposal writing
- Experience in policy or procedure writing
- Experience working within a First Nation is an asset, Moose Cree preferred
- Clear understanding of supervision with staff/guidance
- Strong knowledge of Child, Youth & Family Services Act of Ontario, an Act respecting First Nation, Inuit and Metis Children, Youth and Families and other related legislation.
- Knowledge and skills in policy development, organizational development and program management
- Knowledge of the court system and related documents
- Knowledge of Moose Cree culture and values
- Superior public speaking skills
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and financial practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain high level of tact, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
- Valid “G” driver’s license required
- Credentials required: University/College degree in social work or related field (Please attach proof of the same
Salary: As per salary grid / Negotiable Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-31.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.