Cultural Children / Youth Family Helper (2 positions)
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Director of Child & Family Services, the Cultural Children/Youth Family Helper shall be responsible for delivering culturally appropriate counselling services to adequately fulfill the needs of the families serviced through Moose Cree First Nation and various Children’s Aid Societies. The incumbent shall provide services to families that have been identified through the intake assessment as families having risks of becoming involved or already involved in the child welfare system. He/she shall work in conjunction with other health and mental health professionals and organizations to create better linkages of support for their clients. The Cultural Children/Youth Family Helper shall also develop and provide prevention and intervention services to families and children who are experiencing family difficulties.
- BSW and/or College Diploma in Social Work, or equivalent combination of related work experience and education required, or traditional knowledge keeper preferred.
- Excellent mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Considerable knowledge of family dynamics.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the family law court process.
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Mental Health Act.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the culture in which they serve.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree Language is an asset.
- A clear understanding or respect of a person’s faith or beliefs.
- A thorough understanding of addictions and behavioral, knowledge of wellbeing of an individual.
- Experience in front-line service delivery with First Nations
- Experience in one-on-one and group counselling.
- Experience working within a First Nation is an asset, Moose Cree preferred.
- G2 or Class G Driver’s license required.
Salary: $69,556.50 – $88,120.50
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #23-69.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, October 13th, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.