Comprehensive Community Planning Trainee
2nd Posting. Competition #19-42. Pending funding approval.
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Moose Cree First Nation, Comprehensive Community Planning (CCP) Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for providing assistance in hosting engagement sessions, organizing data and coordinating the CCP Project with support from the Action Team and Moose Cree First Nation Staff. The incumbent shall be responsible for assisting the CCP Coordinator in the areas of organizing and planning of Community Engagement activities, collecting information for the CCP Database and inputting information for the overall CCP plan. The incumbent must be energetic and personable with a knowledge of Moose Cree First Nation territory, culture and history and is passionate about bringing the voice of the community forward to create a great vision for our people.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 and/or College level courses.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be neutral and listen to community and elders.
- Willingness to be creative and open to different ways of engaging with the community.
- Ability to operate computers, fax machine and multi-function copiers.
- Good working knowledge of computer software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and the Internet and social media literate.
- Independent but also willing to work as a team.
- Knowledge of Moose Cree’s structure, territory, culture and history.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to learn new skills and attend CCP training sessions and workshops.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- Valid “G” or “G2” driver’s license an asset.
- Copy of certifications and diplomas must be submitted with resume.
Salary: As per funding agreement Duration: As per funding agreement
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, June 27, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*