Community Wellness Clinician
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Community Wellness Clinician shall be responsible for delivering holistic & clinical counselling services that will adequately fulfil the needs of the membership of the Moose Cree First Nation. The clinician must be knowledgeable and culturally sound in the traditional practices of the Moose Cree people.
- Bachelor of Social Work with a minimum of two years of counselling experience in the mental health or social services field.
- Social Service Worker/Child/Youth or other suitable/related diplomas with proven 2 years of counseling with child & youth experience shall be considered.
- Demonstrates the ability and knowledge in clinical assessment, diagnosis, referral and wellness plan.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain constructive relationships with clients and team members, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to work under minimal supervision in a highly paced teamwork environment and are proficient at resolving issues and mitigating risks
- Proven excellent computer and facilitation skills to coordinate and encourage participant involvement in community healing initiatives.
- Registered or seeking registration with an appropriate and applicable professional designation.
- Have knowledge of applicable legislative acts in mental health, social services and child welfare.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the cultural environment in which they serve.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree language is an asset.
- Class “G” driver’s license would be an asset.
- The applicant must provide a CPIC at his/her own expense.
- 12. Must provide copy of degrees/diplomas/certificates with resume
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 6 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, October 18, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*