Community Outreach Worker
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Health & Wellness Coordinator the Community Outreach Worker will provide crucial support, information, referrals, justice system support, and liaison services for survivors of sexual assault, violence in relationships, and violence. The individual will engage with Police, schools, community groups, and other service providers with the purpose to ensure that there is a coordinated response with community safety.
The individual will develop platforms in domestic violence/health and wellness campaigns to create awareness and prevention in individual well-being.
- Social Services Worker or other suitable/related diplomas with proven 2 years of counseling with child & youth experience shall be considered.
- Demonstrates the ability and knowledge in clinical assessment, referral, and wellness plan.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to maintain constructive relationships with clients and co-workers.
- Must be willing to learn or have knowledge of Mushitmuhw database.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated organizational skills, and ability to work under minimal supervision in a highly paced teamwork environment and is proficient at resolving issues and mitigating risks.
- Proven excellent computer and facilitation skills to coordinate and encourage participant involvement in community initiatives.
- Have knowledge of applicable legislative acts in mental health, social services, and child welfare.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the cultural environment in which they serve.
- Fluency in the Moose Cree language is an asset.
- Class “G” driver’s license would be an asset.
- The applicant must provide a Vulnerable Person Sector CPIC at his/her own expense.
- Must provide copy of degrees/diplomas/certificates with resume and cover letter.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: One-year term
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-56.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.