Community Liaison Worker
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director & Associate Executive Director, the incumbent shall be responsible for the Community Outreach Program. His/Her main responsibility will be the enhancement/development of a funeral assistance program and the Family Emergency Fund
In addition, promote the Health Services programs/services within the community.
- Administer and enhance the Funeral Assistance Program by researching and gathering information from the community and external resources.
- Develop policy and procedure for the delivery of a Funeral Assistance Program to Moose Cree First Nations membership
- Liaise with Moose Cree First Nation Staff and community clergy and other external organizations in assisting families in grief support.
- Review and revise the current MCFN Emergency Fund Policy for approval by the Executive Director in order to betters serve Moose Cree First Nation membership.
- If necessary, to assist families access the emergency Fund under the direction of the Executive Director
- Complete & submit applications for reimbursement of funds related to funeral costs
- Assist with the coordination and promotion of Health Services Programs by Liaison with local resources.
- Develop program pamphlets and the quarterly community newsletter.
- Coordinate/facilitate community presentations.
- To report on a regular basis to the immediate supervisor on a month end and annual basis.
- To work closely with community members and to perform home visits.
- To ensure the provision of self-care to the health staff.
- To develop intervention for the community and staff members of Moose Cree First Nation.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: Permanent with three (3) months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-39.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.