Community Energy Advisor
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Director of Economic Development, the Community Energy Advisor (CEA) shall coordinate the activities & deliverables funded by Independent Electrical Systems Operator Community Energy Champion Grant. This position will be assisted by the Moose Cree Energy Committee consisting of council approved community members. The CEA will implement action items recommended in the 2017 Community Energy Plan including but not limited to energy education, energy conservation and energy generation. The CEA will involve the community in developing an energy vision for the future that incorporates renewable green energy solutions moving towards energy independence.
- Grade 12 diploma or post-secondary education in renewable energy technology
- Experience coordinating committees
- Experience coordinating the development and implementation of a work plan, a budget and reporting
- Experience in renewable green energy technology and electricity
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete a work plan with the allotted budget
- Demonstrates diplomacy, tact, and customer service
- Ability to create advertising, social media and promotion campaigns
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Sage Accpac & point-of-sale software/equipment
- Provide copies of certificates, diplomas/degrees along with submitted resume
- Criminal record check is required prior to hiring
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: One-Year term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-67.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.