Competition #21-23 (2nd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Moose Cree First Nation has initiated development of a Land Use Plan. The Plan will focus on preservation of MCFN Homelands for continued Indigenous use and environmentally sustainable economic development. Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Land Use Plan Coordinator and other planning team members to develop and implement a communications and engagement strategy in support Plan development.
- Post-secondary education with focus in Social Sciences, Indigenous Studies, or related discipline with minimum one (1) year of experience in community service delivery or similar project coordination role. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating meetings, workshops, and engagement events.
- Knowledge of and ability to design and implement engagement campaigns.
- Knowledge and understanding of traditional and social media platforms, analytical tools, and social media best practices to support communications and community engagement.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Knowledge of the local Cree culture, traditions, and community.
- Ability to work as a team member or with little supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess initiative, tact, discretion, and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak Cree would be an asset.
- Valid class G driver’s license is required or attainable within six months of employment.
Salary: As per salary grid / funding Duration: One (1) Year Term with the possibility of extension
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-23.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, May 6, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.