Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Finance, the Collections Officer is responsible for the collection of revenues for all overdue Accounts Receivable debtors of the Moose Cree First Nation. The candidate will carry out cross-functional responsibilities with direct related tasks for the full collection process of Accounts Receivables. These accounts relate to Housing, Water, Sewage, Garbage and other receivables. He/she will also perform other related duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary diploma in the Accounting or Business-related field or an acceptable combination of education and work experience with financial accounting.
- Knowledge and work experience in the finance/accounting field.
- Working knowledge of or willing to learn Sage 300 Accpac.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to read, understand and apply related laws, regulations, policy and procedures of collections work.
- Ability to negotiate objectively with debtors.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Possess excellent customer skills and ability to work under difficult situations.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree Language is an asset
- Must provide a recent C.P.I.C or proof of application.
- Credentials required: Bachelors/Diploma in business/accounting (Please attach proof of the same)
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, September 17th, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.