Business Development Officer
Competition #23-78 (2nd Posting)
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
Under the general supervision of the Director of Economic Development, the Business Development Officer shall plan, organize, direct, and manage the activities of the business development component of the Moose Cree First Nation Economic Development Program. He/She shall be responsible to coordinate services and activities which would foster and promote a development and environment capable of supporting small business and performs other related duties.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in the business field required.
- 3-5+ years of Business experience preferred
- Related work Experience in the field of economic development with related training preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business principles and practices.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team or under minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Highly motivated, displaying both initiative and tact.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- Must provide a satisfactory CPIC or proof of application.
- G or G2 Driver’s License Required.
- Copy of certificates/diplomas to be submitted with resume.
Salary: $60,001.50 – $76,011.00
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #23-78.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, December 6th, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.