Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Health & Wellness Coordinator, the Bim bi joo wok (Walking Together), builds pathways to community wellness by providing holistic, individualized, land-based healing programming in both western and traditional based approaches for adult individuals and families seeking addictions aftercare support as they work towards living autonomously as contributing members of our Cree community. The Bim bi joo wok Counsellor shall help members reclaim their lives from addiction to help reduce the incidence of addiction in future generations.
We are committed to provide quality trauma-focused work that will assist all members of Moose Cree First nation. He/she shall work closely with health services department, and all service providers to enhance all aspects of the program. The Bim bi joo wok Counsellor provides critical drug assessment and referral services to clients referred to the program in a manner that reflects program mission to be trauma informed.
- Bachelor of Social Work or Social Service Worker Diploma with a minimum of two years of addiction counselling and experience in the mental health or social services field.
- Demonstrates the ability and knowledge in clinical assessment, diagnosis, referral and wellness plan.
- Experience or willing to learn in being out on the land for therapy purposes.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the Native Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program.
- Strong interpersonal skills & problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and administration skills.
- Able to handle difficult situations and clients.
- The ability to work under minimum supervision, flexible hours and within a team framework.
- Must lead by example in leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to speak Cree language is an asset.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s license.
- CPIC with a vulnerable sector required.
- Must have C.P.R. and First Aid or willing to obtain.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the cultural environment in which they serve.
- The applicant must provide a Vulnerable Person Sector CPIC at his/her own expense.
- Must provide copy of degrees/diplomas/certificates with resume and cover letter
Salary: As per funding agreement Duration: Term position
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, October 18, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*