Bim-bi-joo-wok Camp Keeper
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Bim bi joo wok (Walking Together) builds pathways to community wellness by providing holistic, individualized, land-based healing programming in both western and traditional based approaches for adult individuals and families seeking addictions aftercare support as they work towards living autonomously as contributing members of our Cree community.
Through individual and family therapy, land-based skills, personal growth group programming and community mentorship opportunities, participants can reclaim their indigenous identity, walk the healing path, and be stronger in mind, body and heart. As a Walking Together staff member you will be breaking trail to support the participants’ journey to healing.
Moose Cree Health is looking to hire an enthusiastic, compassionate, well-organized outdoors person. Under the direction of the Moose Cree Health Services Land-Based Coordinator, the Camp Keeper shall be responsible for coordinating all the logistics for the land-based healing program.
- Strong connection/experience to the land and waterways
- Knowledge of traditional land-based skills
- Experience in group settings.
- Charismatic leadership & relationship building skills
- Well organized & problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work independently and take direction
- Must know the waterways and consult with weather forecast
- Practice health & safety standards at all times.
- Open to feedback and eager to learn and grow
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Must be physically able to work in heavy labour settings in all weather
- First Aid certification
- Ontario boating license and valid Ontario driver’s licence are required
- Must lead by example in leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset
- Highly motivated, methodical, flexible, ability to work under minimal supervision and in a highly paced teamwork environment.
- Are proficient at resolving issues and mitigating risks
- Must have a thorough understanding of the cultural environment in which they serve.
- The applicant must provide a CPIC with vulnerable person sector at his/her own expense.
Salary: As per funding agreement Duration: Part-time term position
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, October 18, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*