Band Representatives (2)
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Band Representative will have responsibility primarily for ensuring that all members of Moose Cree First Nation, including families and/or children, have a band representative present or available when dealing with any Children’s Aid Societies in Ontario or other provinces in Canada. The incumbent shall assist in the development of an effective prevention and intervention child and family law based upon Moose Cree Culture and values designed to keep and bring our children home.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Social Work required
- In good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers required
- Experience in child welfare
- Experience working with a First Nation is an asset, Moose Cree preferred
- Strong knowledge of Moose Cree culture and values
- Superior public speaking skills
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge Child & Family Services Act of Ontario, especially Part X
- Excellent problem finding and solving abilities
- Ability to maintain high level of tact, discretion, and confidentiality
- Strong negotiating, persuasion, and interpersonal skills
- Strong Cree functional intuition and ability
- Must provide a recent satisfactory C.P.I.C. or proof of application.
- Copy of certifications/diploma to be submitted with resume.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-64.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, November 11, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit proof (photocopies) of their educational qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.