Band Representative Lead
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
The Lead Band Representative will be the go between for the First Nation and the Band Representative Team. This position will be available to consult with the Band Representatives with proper guidance doing their advocacy with all Child Welfare Canada’s within Canada. Being a good negotiator is a must along with understanding all aspects of a Service Plan, a Plan of Care and placing our children. Reports must be developed for the Chief and Council along with working with the Strategic Building Team as we move forward. Must be able to work in a Professional Manner with all Organizations and ensure that Moose Cree First Nation is at the forefront of all interaction with any outside Organizations that we work with.
- BSW and/or College Diploma in Social Work or equivalent combination of related work experience and education required
- In good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers preferred
- 5 years’ experience in child welfare
- Experience working with a First Nation is an asset
- Knowledge of all aspects of legislation that would impact a family within Child Welfare, federally and provincially
- Must know the application processes within the Child and Family Services Act, along with the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal Terms, Bill C 92
- Strong knowledge of Moose Cree culture and values
- Superior public speaking skills
- Analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge Child & Family Services Act of Ontario, especially Part X
- Excellent problem finding and solving abilities
- Ability to maintain high level of tact, discretion, and confidentiality
- Strong negotiating, persuasion, and interpersonal skills
- Strong Cree functional intuition and ability
- G or G2 Driver’s License required
- Provide copies of certificates, diplomas/degrees along with submitted resume
- Criminal record check including Vulnerable Sector clearance is required prior to hiring
Salary: As per salary grid
Duration: Permanent with 3 months probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-65.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.