Band Representative Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing secretarial administrative support to the department. He/she will answer phones, greet visitors, distribute information to visitors and direct visitors to the appropriate resources. The incumbent shall assist in maintaining the various filing systems in the department. The incumbent shall also be responsible for assisting in making travel arrangements for department staff. He/she will assist in the preparation of meetings and events. The incumbent shall also be responsible for the maintenance of the supply room and ordering supplies as needed.
- Office Administration Diploma or Certificate.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Experience in working in a Child Welfare related role is an asset.
- Experience with Child Welfare related information systems is an asset.
- General knowledge of administrative functions, practices, and processes.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Strong client service focus.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- “G” Driver’s License required.
- Minute taking training preferred.
- Credential required: Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree (Attach proof of same-along with application)
- Proof of CPIC to be submitted with application.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-08.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Monday, February 22nd, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.