Associate Executive Director
Job Location: Moose Factory, ON
The purpose of this position is to oversee the improvements and modernization of management and operational systems so that effective services are delivered to members of Moose Cree First Nation. The Associate Executive Director shall assist the Executive Director in the management of the operation of the organization that includes all administration, financial, physical and human resources of the Moose Cree First Nation. He/She is also responsible for ensuring that effective and efficient services are delivered to the members of the Moose Cree First Nation.
- Masters or undergraduate degree in business or financial management
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience in a senior management role
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent financial management and negotiation skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Superior diplomacy and high levels of integrity while handling confidential information with discretion
- Ability to mentor team members, set project standards and monitor progress
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and research engines and tools
- Knowledge of accounting software, Sage Accpac
- Knowledge and awareness of Moose Cree Culture
- Ability to speak and understand the Moose Cree Language would be an asset
- Knowledge of traditional governance systems of Moose Cree and other First Nation models
- Knowledge of, and work experience with federal, provincial and municipal governments on First Nation issues
- Knowledge of, and work experience with government funding and other funding agencies, First Nation organizations and associations
- Being a Moose Cree First Nation Member would be an asset for this position
- P.I.C. or willingness to obtain one within a set period.
- Valid G driver’s license
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with three-months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 22-40.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, August 12th, 2022 @ 11:59 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit copies of their educational qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.