Assistant Fire Chief
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the direct supervision of the Fire Chief, the Assistant Fire Chief will be primarily responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Moose Factory Island Fire & Rescue’s Firefighter Training Program. As a more senior member of our community public safety and response system, the Assistant Fire Chief will also contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of related public safety service under the direction of the Fire Chief & Fire Council. The Assistant Fire Chief will also be required to attend Fire/Rescue Emergency Responses both during the scheduled work periods, as well as during after hours to the best of his/her ability.
- Extensive fire training and knowledge gained through training and experience in Fire Prevention and Fire Suppression.
- Must have or willing to obtain an Ontario Fire Marshal’s
- Must be enrolled or willing to enroll in the Company Officer Program through the OFM’s Ontario Fire College.
- Knowledge of Training exercise development, implementation and maintenance of training plans.
- Must possess proven management, communications, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of land based Search and Rescue preparedness operations and planning.
- Proficient in English, both written and oral communication.
- Proficient Computer skills and knowledge of their applications.
- Basic Emergency Management Training or other related Emergency management Training.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience within the fire services paid/career or volunteer.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Valid Ontario D/Z Drivers License
- Must have clear criminal record check (CPIC)
- Must provide copies of certificates/diplomas
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-51.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, September 8th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
Those applying are requested to submit proof of their educational (photocopies) qualifications along with the job application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.