Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
The Administrative Technician will be responsible for providing administrative support to the departmental staff. He/She will be responsible for keeping updated files on financial information relating to program budgets and assisting staff with financial reports for funding agencies and other agencies as requested. The incumbent shall be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the filing system that will be used for the clients serviced through the department. The incumbent shall also be responsible for assisting in the start-up and maintenance of an electronic database. He/She will be responsible for assisting in protocol and procedure development, as well as assisting in developing work plans.
- Business or Office Administration Diploma or Certificate.
- 3+ years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Experience assisting with financial information and budgets.
- Experience working in a Child Welfare related role is an asset.
- Experience with Child Welfare related information systems is an asset.
- Minute taking training required.
- General knowledge of administrative functions, practices, and processes.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Strong client service focus.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent knowledge of financial procedures and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of child welfare laws in different jurisdictions.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- “G” or “G2” Driver License required.
- Credentials required: Business or Office Administration diploma or certificate (please attach proof of the same)
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 3 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact, quoting competition # 21-32.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.