Job Location: Moose Factory, Ontario
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the department. The assistant will answer phones, greet visitors, distribute information to visitors and direct visitors to the appropriate resources. The incumbent shall assist in the creation and maintenance of the various filing systems in the department. The incumbent shall be responsible for assisting in making travel arrangements for departmental staff. They will assist in the preparation and coordination of meetings and events as well as taking and preparing meeting minutes. The incumbent shall also be responsible for the maintenance of the supply room and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Office Administration Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Minute taking training preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Experience working in a Child Welfare related role is an asset, this position is to help Moose Cree First Nation Transition their Families that are involved with Child Welfare into our new data system.
- Experience with Child Welfare related information systems is an asset.
- General knowledge of administrative functions, practices, and processes.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Strong client service focus.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
- “G” Driver’s License required.
Salary: $46,800 – $59,280
Duration: Permanent with 3-months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition # 23-65.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Thursday, September 28th, 2023 @ 11:59 PM
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.