Administrative Assistant / Program Assistant – Youth Centre
Job Location: Moose Cree First Nation, Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Youth Services and functional direction of the Youth Centre Staff at the John R Delaney Youth Centre.
Administrative Assistant shall provide general office, clerical and administrative support to the Youth Centre Staff. He/she shall be responsible for receptionist duties, update and monitor JRDYC social media sites. He/she will attend weekly team and monthly Youth Services Committee meetings, transcribe minutes, filing, maintaining a database, maintain office supply and perform other related duties.
Program Assistant will assist the Youth Programmers in creating and supervising evening and weekend activities that engage the youth in 3 age categories (6-13, 14-18, 19-29). The Program Assistant will assist the Youth Programmers in all areas of programming and supervision of participants in the gym, fitness room and Youth Centre. He/she will help keep photos and records of all their activities for the production of reports, statistics, and newsletters about programming.
This is an afternoon and evening position and may include weekends at 37.5 hours per week or as scheduled by the Director of Youth Services.
- Grade 12 Diploma or a combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture and experience working with Aboriginal Peoples and particularly Aboriginal Youth.
- Excellent organizational skills, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher), minute taking or willingness to train.
- Knowledge or experience working in a Youth Centre, recreation department or similar work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work under minimum supervision.
- Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Current WHMIS and Ministry of Labour Worker Health & Safety Awareness in 4 Steps or willingness to obtain
- Other related training considered an asset
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- Able to work well in a team setting or under minimal supervision
- Provide a CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Screening at applicant’s expense or proof of application. CPIC with VSS must be submitted within one (1) month if you are the successful candidate.
Salary: As per salary grid Duration: Permanent with 6 months’ probation
References: Two recent employment references with cover letter and resume and permission to contact.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON POL 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Friday, October 11, 2019 @ 4:00 p.m. Job Description: Available Upon Request
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted*