Administrative Assistant (Health Services)
Job Location: Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the general supervision of the Director of Health, the Administrative Assistant will perform general secretarial and clerical duties by ensuring efficient, smooth operation of the department; provide reception duties and ensure all individuals contacting the department are greeted in a polite, helpful, and courteous manner.
- Diploma in Office Administration/ or related experience in related field.
- Definite experience in minute taking or willing to receive training.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational sessions.
- Knowledge of office procedures, proven administrative and organizational skills.
- Type at the net rate of 40-60 wpm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and ability to work within a team framework.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office, Microsoft teams, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate in Cree is an asset.
- Must maintain confidentiality and work under minimum supervision.
- Must provide a satisfactory CPIC or proof of application.
- Must have a class G driver’s license.
- Copy of certificates/diplomas to be submitted with resume.
Salary: $42,978.00 – $57,739.50
Duration: Permanent with 3-months probation
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition # 23-50.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Open until filled
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their application.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing any accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that the required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employee will be used only for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.