Job Location: Cochrane, ON
Under the general supervision of the Director of Lands and Resources, the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties to support the efficient operation of the department and Cochrane office. The incumbent will work collaboratively with other department staff on administrative task priorities and provide clerical support to other program staff located at the Cochrane office as needed.
- Grade 12 Diploma and/or Certificate/Diploma in Office Administration with minimum of (1) year work experience in an office related environment or minimum two (2) years of work experience in office administration.
- Demonstrated experience in minute taking and ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute is an asset.
- Financial knowledge and experience would be considered an asset.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and follow instructions.
- Good working knowledge of computers, peripherals, and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in the Cree language is an asset.
- Willing to work outside normal work hours as required.
- Must provide a satisfactory CPIC or proof of application.
- Copy of certificates/diplomas to accompany resume.
Salary: As per funding $42,900.00 – $49, 725.00
Duration:One year term with possibility of extension
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and two (2) recent employment references with permission to contact, quoting competition #23-84.
Submit Resume to:
Human Resources Generalist
Moose Cree First Nation
P.O. Box 190
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Email: or fax: (705) 658-4734
Deadline for Resume: Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 @ 11:59 p.m.
Job Description: Available Upon Request
Applicants are asked to include copies of their educational qualifications along with their resume.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to postal changes, we recommend submitting resume via e-mail or dropping off at main reception.
As MCFN is a First Nation organization, preference in hiring will be given firstly to the First Nation members, and to the rest, subsequently. Candidates needing accommodation of any kind are requested to inform the organization in advance so that required accommodative measures can be incorporated in the recruitment process. By responding to the application, candidates are implicitly providing consent to share their personal information with the organization. This personal information that is being shared with the employer will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment and will not be used for any other purposes.